Will You Consider Egg Freezing in 2019?
There is a good chance that many young women have already viewed the egg freezing process through advertisements aimed their way, whether on social media, public transportation or even television. Unfortunately, many of these advertisements only communicate a limited message, one that isn’t particularly educational and leaves women feeling either pressured or jaded about family planning goals.
At Chicago IVF, we understand that the desire to freeze your eggs comes from different motivations. A 25-year-old woman facing a recent cancer diagnosis is going to have different concerns from a 30-year-old woman taking on a promotion that will determine the next five years of her life’s focus. However, in both cases (and some more noted below), egg freezing presents an opportunity both women can take advantage of — if they so choose.
Is egg freezing for me?
Determining whether you’re a good candidate for egg freezing can depend on your age and family planning goals, but there are other factors to consider as well:
- Are you facing a recent cancer diagnosis?
- Have you spoken with your physician about egg freezing? If so, does he or she recommend prolonging cancer treatment to undergo the procedure?
- Do you have a medical condition that negatively impacts fertility?
- Examples of which can include endometriosis and PCOS
- Do you have a family history of premature (early) menopause?
- Do you work in a high-risk industry?
- Examples of which can include being a member of the military awaiting deployment
- Do you plan on focusing on your career or travel over family planning within a time frame where fertility concerns are present?
- For example, a woman’s fertility declines over the course of her lifetime (peaking in your twenties) but declines more quickly at age 35.
- Are you waiting to pursue family building goals until you find the right partner?
If you find that the answer to any of the above questions is “yes,” then you are likely a solid candidate for egg freezing.
Starting egg freezing in 2019
If 2019 is the year that you desire to begin the egg freezing process, Chicago IVF will be able to help with every part of the procedure, including storage of your frozen eggs. Many women report that the core benefit of egg freezing is that it offers peace of mind that they would not have otherwise had while they pursue career or other life goals or treat a medical issue. Egg freezing puts a pause on women’s fertility in a way that relieves stress that comes from meeting family planning goals while also living your life the way you intend.
If you are interested in learning more about egg freezing, we encourage you to request a consultation with Chicago IVF today. Our fertility specialists will be able to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have about egg retrieval, storage and cost.