The Billing Process at Chicago IVF
On your path to growing the family of your dreams, we’ll be there every step of the way to help you with the financial and administrative parts of your treatment too. Generally speaking, you can expect the following steps:
- To begin, you’ll present your valid insurance card to our Front Desk staff, sign off on authorization to bill your insurance provider, and complete forms regarding your privacy wishes, according to HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Our staff will complete a Verification of Benefits (VOB). In this process, we’ll confirm your insurance provider’s coverage of medical, gynecological, fertility-testing, and treatment procedures. (Please see our Insurance Plans & Coverage page for more information about the VOB.)
- After treatment, we’ll bill your insurance provider. This happens on the same day as office procedures, or several days following surgical procedures.
- An Explanation of Benefits (EOB) will be sent to you by your insurance carrier. Our Billing Department will receive a copy too, along with payment. This document details denials, adjustments, and other important information regarding your coverage. In the event of payment denials, we will automatically resubmit claims. Please visit our Insurance Plans & Coverage page for more information.
- After determining your out-of-pocket costs through the EOB, you will receive an invoice from Chicago IVF. These will be sent monthly until your balance is paid off. Please call our office to make payment arrangements.
Depending on your treatment plan and the service provided, you may receive separate bills from Chicago IVF, your anesthesiologist, and/or other professional specialists. If you have any questions regarding these bills, please contact the company from which you received the bill directly.