Fertility Screening Program - New for 2016
Posted on June 13th, 2016
Our new Fertility Screening Program helps men and women concerned (or just curious) about their future fertility potential for only $90.
Did you know?
- Fertility declines as women approach age 30
- About 10% of women lose their fertility sooner than expected
- About 1 in 20 men have male factor infertility
- Factors causing infertility - 40% male, 40% female, and 20% combination
About the fertility tests:
- A semen analysis evaluates a man’s sperm to discover causes of male infertility.
- An AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) test uses a blood sample to measure the hormone substance produced by cells in the ovarian follicles. The blood levels will attempt to measure the remaining female egg supply. With increasing female age, the size of her pool decreases along with AMH levels.
- An antral follicle count exam is a simple test using high quality ultrasound equipment. It allows us to evaluate a woman's supply of eggs for the future. Tests of ovarian reserve do not measure the quality of the eggs, only quantity.